RW Blears Solicitors is the trading name of RW Blears LLP a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC349449 authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulatory Authority, SRA number 520260; www.sra.org.uk. A list of the members of RW Blears LLP is available for inspection at the firm’s registered office: 29 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3EG.
RW Blears LLP (and SPNV) is committed to protecting your personal legislation and to complying with Data Protection legislation. This notice explains how we collect and use information about you.
RW Blears LLP is a data controller under the data protection rules and we are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (Registration no. Z2862828).
Our data protection contact is our practice manager Charlotte Surridge who can be contacted via the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Principles of Data Protection
Personal data must be processed in accordance with six Data Protection Principles under the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR). It must:
- Be processed fairly, lawfully and transparently;
- Be collected and processed only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes;
- Be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed:
- Be accurate and kept up to date to the best of our knowledge. Any inaccurate data will be rectified or deleted without delay;
- Not be kept for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed;
- Be processed securely.RW Blears will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with the principles of the DPA and GPDR.
Information We Gather
When instructed by you, we obtain further information from you in order to comply with the law (obtaining identification evidence and, where necessary information as regards proof of funding in a transaction) and in order to perform our function as legal advisors.
By using our website and contacting us and indeed instructing us you agree to our storing and processing your information (data).
Where we may store your information
Any information downloaded from our website or submitted in correspondence (by email or otherwise) will be stored in line with our information security policy. You should be aware that we use third parties to host and monitor our website and IT systems. We require them to strictly comply with our instructions and data protection laws and we will ensure that appropriate controls are in place where third parties have access to personal data.
You have the right to;
- Request details of the personal information we hold about you. You can address requests to our data protection contact and we will respond within one month of receipt of both your written request and confirmed ID. This request is free of charge but we reserve the right to charge if the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
- Have any inaccuracies in your data corrected. If you would like to update the details we hold about you please advise our data protection contact.
- Request that we delete your personal data so it is erased from our records (unless we are required by law to retain it for a period of time by HMRC for example)
- Have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation
- Object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to change and update this notice from time to time to comply with current law and practice without further notice.